Wednesday, September 1, 2010

my experience in new york thus far.

So the reason I've been absent from posting lately is because I have been getting ready for college. I have finally arrived in New York City as an NYU freshman. If you're a local, feel free to hate me, I understand. Anyway, my roommates are all right. My best friend so far is a feisty lesbian from Texas, which is pretty awesome in my opinion, but I may be overly happy about it. I doubt anyone else thinks it's that cool. However, she's hilarious and her personality is what makes her so great anyway. Everyone else here seems pretty friendly. I am on a really awesome floor and I like all the people on it so far, even if it's 75% girls. And I also have a great view of the city.

As far as events and adventures go, I haven't been disappointed that much. Or almost at all. It's still welcome week here so all the days are fully packed with events and things to do, and if there isn't something to go learn and see, people usually want to hang out and EXPLOOOORE (ooooh!). That's alright though, because I'm one of those fags who is determined to known the city too and is set on exploring it as well. In fact, I already have a metro monthly pass.

Personally, I am determined to learn as much as I can while I'm here. I was already pretty impressed with the fact that our mandatory welcome event was held in Radio City Music Hall, where Kristen Johnson gave us all a hilarious performance in the form of a welcome speech. I also saw Michael C Anthony convince me that hypnosis works in the most hilarious way ever. Furthermore, I went to a comedy show where two pretty funny guys made mostly mediocre jokes about not being white. Also, luckily enough, some of my floormates and I got to meet and chat with Jared Leto for a minute or two, which was pretty mindblowing, just because I didn't expect to already see a celebrity on my third day here. Oh, and let's not forget the club me and two of my friends went to on our first night here, when we got ripped off on drinks but had a pretty stellar time. The most hilarious, and disturbing, part of that night was when a girl took off her panties and started dry humping and making out with a guy she just met less than 3 feet away from me. AWESOME!

My only real problem so far has been the food. Although the dining halls have pretty good food and do their best to maintain a variety for us, it feels very much like high school. In fact, the mandatory welcome event and the "convocation" for Gallatin both felt very much like start-of-the-year assemblies as well. I'm not into that. I always hated lunch and I slept through 95% of the assemblies in high school. Hopefully I won't have to go through that shit anymore.

Overall, I am pretty happy here. I can barely get a minute alone, but I'm sure that once classes start I'll have more time to myself and will be even happier. Pictures to come soon!

P.S. - check out my flickr. I have a bunch of awesome new pictures posted, and will hopefully catch up on posting everything else soon, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment